Friday, June 17, 2016

Something very Different from the Shed 28mm Daleks part 1 | Free tool shed plans diy

Something very Different from the Shed 28mm Daleks part 1


The thought occurred to me a few weeks ago that I could add something different to VBCW universe and give the players something different to think about.

Imagine the scenario two sides rushing towards a hill to capture what they think is a downed experimental aircraft from the other side. Conflict ensues between the two forces as both push towards the objective.

Whats happens next is unplanned, a shock and totally alien...from the belly of the downed ship emerge strange noises and shapes followed by that immortal word...Exterminate...

Yes folks Eric the Shed has decided to put together a Dalek Army...

I cant take credit for the discovery of these gems (just google search 28mm Dalek) but for the princely sum of about £30 I have acquired over 80 of these boys. That works out at less than 50p a figure.
Yes they are cheap plastic and yes most of them are the wrong shape (idaleks I believe) but they do look the business. These originally saw life gracing the front cover of a Dr Who magazine for kids.



The following illustrates how I turned mine from horrid plastic toys into one of humanities darkest nightmares.

I wanted my force to giver the impression they were hovering so to fit the dalek I glued a small piece of plasticard to a 25mm washer (also adds weight) and once dry I added some sand for the base.



The dalek was then glued down onto the base and primed all over. Aside from painting those horrid domes these were a doddle to paint. If you are looking to paint a Dalek Army look at this useful tip...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R_xSbpaX-Q




I painted most of mine as standard warriors with a few variations to denote units. The Patrol Style Daleks were painted in various colours to denote leaders.

?
Leaders


?
Warriors
More Warriors




For a great resource on Daleks including colour schemes head here

http://www.thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/dalek/types/


In terms of rules I was delighted to find that there were some unofficial rules for Daleks using the Bolt Action ruleset - you can download these on a pdf from here (Scroll down the page to find them)

https://boltactiontimelord.wordpress.com/tag/daleks/


So whats next  - well I have to finish painting about 35 of these and then start on the final 17 I won on ebay earlier this week. At this point I have stopped buying

So if you are bidding for Daleks you know that you are not up against me !


I have also ordered a Davros from Black Tree Designs Doctor Who range along with two of my favourite doctors - Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker (I already own a Tardis). Should Davros be too small Ill cut up one of the plastic ones and do a conversion job.

This should all be done by next weekend so Ill post progress then..

Until next time


The second part of the Dalek Army can be found here

http://shedwars.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/28mm-daleks-army-takes-shape-part-2.html


Something very Different from the Shed 28mm Daleks part 1 Free tool shed plans diy

No comments:

Post a Comment